This temple was built early in the Ayutthaya period of Thai history. Taking 60 years to build this 32 meter standing Buddha. One could almost break their neck looking up at it for a period of time. However, it is awe inspiring and beautiful as the the sun hits the gold.
There were very few tourist around when I went in to have a look. In that regard I would recommend this temple over the famous Wat Pho if you are looking to go off the beaten path.
I walked around but it is hard to miss what the Tuk Tuk drivers call the “Big Buddha”. There are a few stalls selling flowers, water & noodles in the area. We bought some flowers and my son laid them at the feet of various Buddhas through out the temple area.
- Have you ever been to a Buddhist temple?
- Which one would you like to go to?
- One night in Bangkok (jitandtaitrip.wordpress.com)
- Day 9 – Tuk Tuks, Temples and Thai Silk (travelingtwi.wordpress.com)
- Tuk tuk torment (willetthughes.wordpress.com)